Thursday, April 29, 2021

Final NFL Mock Draft

It is now draft day! It’s been a crazy draft season and it will be a crazy draft! This will be my final best guess of what we’ll see today. 


Jaguars: Trevor Lawrence, QB Clemson:

No need to spend much time on this one. Everyone knows it. It’s obvious. Let’s move on.


Jets: Zach Wilson, QB BYU:

With Darnold now traded, there is a lot of clarity for the Jets. They could throw a curveball here and choose Fields but I think it’ll be Wilson. I’m probably one of the only ones not totally penciling it in though. 


49ers: Trey Lance, QB North Dakota State:

Lance has all the tools that Shanahan wants in a QB plus some more. His offense at NDSU most resembles Shanahan’s. Could be a nice fit. I’ve been thinking Lance for a bit now. Not moving off that. 


Falcons: Kyle Pitts, TE Florida:

This guy is a stud. He’s the best non-QB in this draft given the star power and positional scarcity. He’s going to be scary. Falcons could trade down here but why not just take Pitts. He’s more valuable than whatever trade package they’d get. 


Bengals: Penei Sewell, OT Oregon:

Smart teams build through the trenches. Getting a playmaker to replace Green, especially one that played with Burrow at LSU would be fun but not effective. Get the top tackle now and worry about the skill guys later. Remember that they got Higgins at pick 33 last year. 


Dolphins: Rashawn Slater, OT Northwestern: 

Dolphins fans might rip their hair out over passing on all these skill guys for the second best tackle. Some have Slater as better, and as I said, you need to get the trenches in order before anything else. Nobody should know that better than Brian Flores, who watched Belichick do it that way. I would like this pick for them, even if most wouldn’t. 


Lions: JaMarr Chase, WR LSU: 

It’s a miracle for the Lions that Chase fell this far due to QB and OT needs. What a steal here for them. 


Patriots (trade with Panthers): Justin Fields, QB Ohio State:

I don’t understand Fields falling but it is a legitimate possibility. Patriots would be ecstatic to trade up to get him. I’m sick thinking about it. 


Broncos: Micah Parsons, LB Penn State:

Parsons is actually the first defensive player off the board. Very talented LB prospect. Some questions, but he can play. 


Cowboys: Patrick Surtain, CB Alabama:

Surtain is such a safe pick here. I hate that term but the Cowboys need players like this on defense. Surtain is very talented though. 


Giants: Jaylen Waddle, WR Alabama:

Golladay and Waddle. My god. No excuses for Daniel Jones now. 


Eagles: DeVonta Smith, WR Alabama:

Some questions about Smith’s weight could cause him to fall here. Eagles won’t mind. DeSean Jackson was small and worked out just fine for them. 


Chargers: Christian Darrisaw, OT Virginia Tech:

Chargers need offensive line help to protect Herbert. It’s a good class to get a tackle. 


Vikings: Azeez Ojulari, EDGE Georgia:

Weird to see a pass-rush class where there isn’t a sure fire one drafted top 5, much less top 10. Ojulari might even be considered a reach here at 14. 


Panthers (trade with Patriots): Jaycee Horn, CB South Carolina:

I love Horn. I think he’ll great. Adding a CB like him can help lock down that defense. 



Cardinals: Greg Newsome II, CB Northwestern:

Cardinals need a corner to replace Peterson. They get one here. Newsome can easily go higher than people expect. He’s good. 


Raiders: Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah, LB Notre Dame:

Raiders could easily draft a 2nd or 3rd round talent here as usual, but I can’t project that unfortunately. 


Dolphins: Najee Harris, RB Alabama:

This one could surprise people, but I wouldn’t be. They did the trenches work at 6 and now can get Harris here. He’s technically a running back but I see him more as an offensive weapon. 


Saints (trade with WFT): Mac Jones, QB Alabama:

After all that talk of Jones at 3, he winds up at 19. Saints move up to get him. 


Bears: Alijah Vera-Tucker, OL USC:

Just a solid offensive line pick. It’s good. It’ll do. 


Colts: Samuel Cosmi, OT Texas:

Colts are always churning out talent on the offensive line. Do it again here.


Titans: Rashod Bateman, WR Minnesota:

Doesn’t mask their biggest need, but it does replace Corey Davis. 


Jets: Travis Etienne, RB Clemson:

Etienne is actually the first RB off the board. Jets need big help in this area. Etienne honestly fits their offense more than Harris. 


Steelers: Creed Humphrey, OC Oklahoma:

I’m a huge fan of Humphrey. Steelers can solve their center issue for a long time right here. 


Jaguars: Trevon Moehrig, S TCU:

Jaguars continue to try to rebuild the defense here. It’s not a great safety class but Moehrig stands out. First-round talent there.


Browns: Kwity Paye, EDGE Michigan:

Paye is a bit risky but his ceiling is very high. Browns could pair him with Myles Garrett and go nuts. 


Ravens: Terrace Marshall Jr., WR LSU:

I’m not convinced the Ravens are done at WR after adding Watkins. Marshall benefited from Chase sitting out this past season. He could surprise a bit as a late 1st rounder. 


WFT (trade with Saints): Jaman Davis, LB Kentucky:

After moving down, Washington gets more help for their defense. Just what they need. 


Packers: Zaven Collins, LB Tulsa:

I like Collins a lot. Packers definitely need a linebacker. Another year where they don’t draft a skill player on offense for Rodgers. He’s gonna be so mad that he’s going to throw for 6000 yards and 63 TDs/3 INTs. Sorry rest of NFL. 


Bills: Joe Tryon, EDGE Washington:

Don’t love to follow the trends but many think this guy is going round 1. Bills are still built as a defense-first team, or at least that’s the hope. 


Ravens: Joseph Ossai, EDGE Texas:

Ravens got this pick by trading Orlando Brown to the Chiefs. Their 1st pick solved WR. Their second goes to doing something they do well. Quality pass-rush. 


Bucs: Jayson Oweh, EDGE Penn State:

Bucs defense gets better to compliment that offense. The defending champs get a bit better. 


Thanks for following along this season! Have a fun draft everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment