Texans 27 Chiefs 21
Analysis: The Chiefs have been the hottest team in the NFL, having won 10 straight games since a putrid 1-5 start. The stretch of wins propelled them into a playoff game against a Texans team that is also playing well, and are healthier than they've ever been. Unfortunately for the Chiefs, I think that long playoff drought they are carrying continues. Texans are healthy and playing well. Watt will make the difference.
Steelers 31 Bengals 21
Analysis: Both the Bengals and Steelers are banged up. The Bengals are without Dalton and the Steelers big injury this week is RB DeAngelo Williams. These two hated rivals will do battle once more this year on a big stage, one day after 10 year anniversary of the last time they met in the playoffs. Just like the Chiefs, I'm predicting the Bengals playoff drought to continue. I think the Bengals are really going to miss Dalton more than the Steelers miss their RBs of Bell and Williams. Roethlisberger can really sling it still, and Brown and Bryant will torture the Bengals secondary.
NFC wildcard round picks
Analysis: Vikings 16 Seahawks 10
The weather is supposed to be really cold, otherwise known as the way Vikings game should be. Unfortunately, this could be the last outdoor Vikings home game we see in awhile or ever. The weather will play a factor, as it is the coldest game the Seahawks will ever play in to date. The Seahawks were expecting Marshawn Lynch to be back, but he has been downgraded to out. This leaves a big hole for the Seahawks, especially in the cold where the running game is ever important. I don't expect Russell Wilson to drop back very often. That lack of a big-time running back will hurt them. The Seahawks have been playing well, but I think the Vikings will win based on the fact that they are the home team, and they have been consistently good all year. One thing is for sure: Whichever team finds the running game sooner will have the clear advantage, and right now that looks like the Vikings. But then again, it is the playoffs.
Redskins 34 Packers 27
Analysis: The Packers, after starting 6-0, fell off a lot and fell to 10-6, barely making the playoffs. Instead of hosting a playoff game or even a bye or homefield advantage. Instead, they find themselves on the road against a surging Redskins team who has seen Kirk Cousins being very successful. Usually, I would go with the experienced and weathered QB, but not this time. Rodgers hasn't played well lately, and I don't think he will here. I expect a good offensive game with a lot of explosive plays. It could potentially be the best game of the weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment