Thursday, January 14, 2016

Can Chip Kelly bring in an elite coaching staff

     With Chip Kelly now officially the 49ers head coach, he can get to work on how he is going to get them back in contention in a tough NFC. The first key to success is to pick a coaching staff that'll work well with the group of players on the team. Kelly won't be introduced as 49ers coach until next week because he is getting time to bring in his coaching staff. The question really becomes whether or not he can bring in a quality staff. 

     Chip Kelly has a lot of connections throughout many different places. He has guys in his mind that he would like to bring in. Also being an offensive guru with no sort of roster control attached to him could be attractive to some people out there that would like to join the offensive side of the staff. The defensive side might be harder, but Kelly will look for a guy to handle the defense themselves. 

     The 49ers brought in a big-time coach that is just going to coach instead of control. That combined with a roster with many nice core players could be very attractive to a lot of assistants around the league. And as I said before, Kelly's vast connections won't hurt him either in his search. 

     I think Chip Kelly will be able to bring a much better staff than Tomsula did, but that's not surprising. Some of the coaching staff that was under Tomsula is already gone, and I can't see Kelly keeping much, if any of it, in tact. I think Kelly can hire a staff that is very good. Will it be elite? That's tough to do. Will it be good? I'm confident it willl. He brought in a very good initial coaching staff in Philly, and I think he will be able to do that again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment