A blog dedicated to bringing news, thoughts and opinions about the Pirates and 49ers, as well as sports in general.
Monday, July 1, 2013
Should the Pirates trade for another starting pitcher?
My answer to this is yes. We learned a few days ago that Wandy Rodriguez may be out for awhile, worst case scenario out for the rest of the season but he could come back late in the year. With that, the Pirates should trade for another starter but I don't think it should be the first order of business. We have a ton of depth but most of their starters would be hard to depend on in September and possibly October. It's very hard to depend on guys like Gomez, Cole, Morton and Locke in September/October. I think the guys would be up to the task but one more veteran starter wouldn't hurt. There are plenty of nice pitching options out there that the Pirates can afford. A deal similar to the Wandy Rodriguez deal last year would suffice. The Pirates have proved this year that you can never have enough pitching. As I said earlier, if I were Huntington, i'd at least try to get a pitcher but I wouldn't make it the top priority. Everyone knows the top priority is a right fielder that can hit. We don't necessarily need another starting pitcher, but I think getting one would benefit the Pirates.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment