Thursday, July 23, 2015

Pirates acquire Aramis Ramirez

     Just a little bit ago, Neal Huntington pulled off the second trade of what will be a busy trade deadline season. Huntington was able to acquire Aramis Ramirez and cash from the Brewers in exchange for Yhonathan Barrios, a AAA pitching prospect. And yes, it's THAT Aramis Ramirez.

     I really like this trade for the Pirates. Ramirez has been super hot at the plate in July and will fill a big joke at third base while also being able to help spark the offense. The overall numbers for Ramirez are not staggering, but still great considering he had such a slow start. Not to mention the great story it is that Ramirez will start and end his career with the Pirates. Also the ironic fact that the Pirates traded Ramirez away 12 years ago TODAY. I think that is some pretty cool stuff.

     I think Huntington made this trade with the rest of the year in mind. I don't see Ramirez as a bench player when Harrison gets back. It just won't happen. He is likely to stick in the lineup for the rest of the year. Also, for people asking, he can't play first base.

No comments:

Post a Comment